A Book to Remember: A Book to Recommend

I love to read... But boy, trying to read this book has been a challenge. Between moving, packing, and unpacking I have struggled to make headway on this delightful text. I tried everything just to grab a few minutes here and there, just to digest the words on every page at no avail. Finally, I realized I needed to give the book the time and attention it needed for me to really absorb the message Mark Walia is trying so send US!  

The book's message is dynamic.  Professor Walia does an exemplary job at examining both the culture in the West and that of Islam. I say that of Islam because Islam is spreading across the globe. As most of US have observed, Islam is becoming more predominant here in the west. Let me tell you, A Tale of Two Cultures: Islam and the West is filled with commonsense from an academic and historical perspective. Those of us who live in western culture don't realize the impact Islam will have on our culture should we ever be able to co-exist. From reading this book I was given a glimpse into why and how our two cultures will clash and how this may affect our daily lives as "secular" Islam spreads. You and I must approach life with eyes wide open.

We live in a day in age where folks like Professor Walia are pioneers for truth. He is on a mission to deliver knowledge to the masses. We all know knowledge is power. Strange enough, and I can not believe I am about to say this, we also live in a day and age where unpopular opinions here in the United States of America are seldom welcome. It is hard for me to fathom that this is the case given we live in the "Free World". We live in a "Free World" where we, and folks like Professor Walia, are not truly free to express unpopular information, opinion, fact, historical or otherwise without some kind of blowback. So as he is brave, we too must press forward for truth. We must not delay in expanding our knowledge base.

As the two cultures clash, A Tale of Two Cultures: Islam and the West gives US intellectual insight on what we face and why, where Islam is concerned. I highly recommend not only reading the book, but passing it's message to all you know. If we don't stand for freedom and truth, who will. Are you up to the challenge? If so you can find the book here. If you would like to know more about Professor Walia, you can find that here.

Many blessings ... And in Freedom ... Keep on keeping on!

Comments